- Using day old or fresh mashed potatoes make sure they are cold to ensure they will bond with the chorizo.
- Cook and cool the chorizo.
- Once both the potatoes and the chorizo are cooled combine them into a mixing bowl completely combine, the mixture will turn slightly orange due to the meat and its oils.
- Once fully combined using a #40 Scoop, scoop all the mixture into balls and place on parchment paper.
- Place the seasonings, flour and ground pork rinds into a mixing bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs and place them into mixing bowl with water and whisk until combined. Set aside.
Rolling the Croquets:
- Using the scooped balls, flour, and egg wash in separate containers, place a croquet into the flour then place it into the egg wash. Finally place the croquet back into the flour mixture and completely coat.
- Place on parchment paper in a single layer on a sheet tray.
- Store under refrigeration until ready to fry.
Idaho® Potato Chorizo Croquets with Jalapeno Cilantro Ranch Sauce
- Place Croquets into fryer and cook for 4 minutes until they are crisp and golden brown.
- Once cooked, let excess oil drain and place onto plate or serving dish.
- Top the croquets with cheese crumbles over the tops of all pieces.
- Evenly sprinkle the cilantro over the croquets and onto the plate.
- Place sauce into a ramekin and place on the top of the plate.
- Place the grilled lime on the plate next to the sauce and serve.
Jalapeno Cilantro Ranch Sauce:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor, blend for 20 seconds then remove the lid scrape the sides and then blend for an additional 20 seconds.
- Place into storage container and store until ready to use.